Wednesday, April 16, 2014

April Birchbox and Ipsy Bag

It's the most wonderful time of the month! Birchbox and Ipsy Bag time!! I'm not gonna lie…this was a make it or break it month for Birchbox. One more crappy box and I was canceling! Ipsy, obviously, I did not expect to disappoint! Let's start with Bircbox…dun dun duuuuun.


Is the suspense killing you yet? OPEN IT, OPEN IT!! Okay, okay. Here goes…cross your fingers for no food!


FOOD! ARE. YOU. KIDDING?!?!?! Alright, calm down before you let the rage take full force. Let's stop and go through each item. The first thing my eye went to was the stupid Kind Bar. Seriously?? I mean, obviously I'll eat it, but come on!! This is not what I signed up for!! Ugh. On to the next one. 

Gala Gem Collection nail polish. This is a pretty, pearly sea foam green. It's nice…however I mainly get my nails done, so I'll rarely use this. 

Next up is Supergoop Daily Correct SPF CC Cream. I used this product this morning after I put my moisturizer on. It's nice, but look at the size of this sample! It's smaller than the nail polish!! Come onnnnn Birchbox. If you want me to spend THIRTY TWO DOLLARS on the full sized version of this product, give me enough to really test it! Jeeeeez.

Also in the box was Paula's Choice 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant. Okay…this stuff is nice. It's got the consistency of gel, but a little more watered down. It's supposed to smooth and color correct. It's a leave on exfoliator, so it's not as harsh as other more typical exfoliating products. I like it a lot, and there is a generous amount in the tube. One point for Birchbox.

Last, (but DEFINITELY not least), Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel. When I saw this product sitting in my box, I'm not gonna lie….I yelped with excitement. YESSSS. Finally Birchbox, you give me what I want!!!! Anastasia products are my holy grail eyebrow essentials. This brow gel is used to set your brows after you're finished with them, and let me tell you, it is THE BOMB DOT COM.

Here's a breakdown of all the products.



Alright Birchbox…you win.  I'll keep you for one more month.

HERE WE GO IPSY BAG!! I can't even contain my excitement. Everything in my bag is SOOOO GOOOOOD!!! The April bag theme is "Beauty Rocks". So cute!


 OOOMMMMMGGGGG. I cannot deal with the glorious contents of this bag. EYELASHES. THERE ARE EYELASHES IN THERE. I died. Ok. Breathe. Here we go.

The first thing in the bag that made me have a minor heart attack was the falsies. A pair of super natural looking Kiss lashes. Gorge. I will be sporting those babies this weekend. Ahh. Next.

URBAN DECAY 24/7 LINER?!? YESSSS. I know. You're jealous. These liners are awesome, and I already have them in a bunch of colors, but I didn't have black. So yay!

Next up is a Cailyn tinted lip gloss. This is so cute. The gloss is in the bottom and then the tall white part of the tube is a little application brush. Love it!!

Then there is a City Color White Gold Shadow and Highlighter. This stuff is like DIAMONDS ON YOUR SKIN. It is soooo beautifuuuul. It has the consistency of a cream shadow, but it goes on so smoothly and is nicely pigmented. A+.

The last thing in the bag is Benefit Lollitint. I haven't tried it yet, but it says it can be used as a lip or cheek stain. The color is really pretty. I'll let you know how it is once I try it!


So obviously this months winner is Ipsy! I am excited about every single product in there. And Birchbox? I'll give it a B-. I'm cranky about food for the third month in a row, but there were a few other goodies that allowed me to look past the Kind Bar! All in all, it was a good month for both products.  Can't wait til May!




No comments:

Post a Comment