Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Ombre Lips & Green Smokey Eye

Hi All! Sorry I've not posted in forever…I have been a busy bee! I thought I would do a makeup post in honor of this weekends IMATS! My bff Trisha and I are attending for the first time ever, and we are soooo excited! Like….jumping out of our skin excited!!

So back around St. Patrick's Day, Trisha posted a green smokey eye look that was gawww-geous, and it inspired me to do one of my own! Be sure to check out her instagram, @trishabickhart, she is a makeup beast!

I also experimented with an ombre lip! Purple and magenta….love. I used a Milani lip liner in the color Sugar Plum and a Maybelline Color Vivid lipstick in the color Shocking Coral. In order to create the ombre look, I lined my lips first with a thick outline. Then I filled in the inner part of my lips with the lipstick. In order to fade the darker color into the lighter one, I just blended with my fingers!


Now onto the eyeshadows! On the lid I used a Mac shadow in the color Club. Then I layered an Urban Decay shadow in the color Mildew on top of that. On the inner corner of my lid and on my brow bone I used Mac shadow in the color Nylon (this is a great highlight color!). For the crease I used Mac shadow in the color Texture, and the outer V is Mac shadow in the color Smut. 




I loooooved the way this look turned out! Also, these adorable spring time earrings I found at Forever 21, so you know they were a bargain! Go grab them before they're gone! What kind of spring time makeup looks are you loving right now? Comment and let me know!




No comments:

Post a Comment