Monday, March 31, 2014

Bridal Shower Gift With DIY Packaging

This past weekend I attended a bridal shower for a friend of mine. As soon as I got the invitation in the mail, I immediately started brainstorming what kind of gift I wanted to put together! In general, I am a big fan of getting a bunch of smaller gifts rather than one big one, because you can have more fun with the wrapping and presentation of it! And that's not just for bridal shower gifts, that goes for all occasions!

She was registered at Bed, Bath & Beyond, as well as Amazon. I checked out her registries and noted that there were still a bunch of smaller items that had not yet been purchased! I put a few of them in my cart through the Bed, Bath & Beyond website and opted to do an in-store pick up. That feature was WONDERFUL! I clicked everything I wanted into my cart, chose the store that was closest to me, and it was all ready for me at the register at the store the next morning! Sooo convenient, such a perk! Once I got to the store, I threw a couple more goodies in with what I had already picked out. Here is what I ended up with!


I knew right off the bat I didn't want to just wrap everything, so I started to think of different things that could hold all these items. I wanted whatever it was to be something she could use as well! I decided to go with a trifle bowl, because….who doesn't need a trifle bowl! The one I have is from Pier 1, so that's where I headed next. Fortunately, they had some in stock. They also had some adorable flower napkin rings that I knew would be perfect for decoration, so I grabbed four of them! I also got a square center piece setting that I used to line the trifle bowl.


The things in the center are a bar of chocolate and a mini bag of ground coffee - the extras I grabbed at Bed, Bath & Beyond! I also ended up getting a cute dish towel to use to prop everything up nicely inside the bowl. The woman who helped me at Pier 1 was nice enough to let me have one of the mini envelopes their gift cards come in - they all had really cute patterns on them! I used it to hold the gift receipts.


I know you're all dying to see how it turned out!


I was so happy with it! I though it looked so cute, was easy to put together, and definitely stood out! Here is a picture from the shower of myself, my friend Anna, and Jamie - the bride to be!



The shower was fun, despite the horrible rainy weather! Let me know if you try this idea, or come up with any other fun DIY bridal shower ideas!




2 comments:

  1. Oh how nice Bridal Shower Gift With DIY Packaging idea!! I love all of these ideas. I too have to host a bridal shower and would be creating the DIY favors for this bash so your ideas would be quite useful. I too would need suggestions for affordable LA event venues. Can’t find any good locations, any help would be highly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete