Sunday, March 9, 2014

Orange & Plum Smokey Eye Makeup

Here's a look I did for a night out last weekend. I absolutely loved it! I knew I wanted some sort of orange base, and decided at the last second to pair the plum with it! I'll be sure to list all of the products I used below.

I also used a new foundation with this look. I had heard good things about the Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation, but could not find it anywhere! I searched every CVS, Rite Aid, and Target in the land, but no one had it in stock. Finally, I found ONE tube of it at Ulta, but of course it wasn't the right color for me. THEN, low and behold, Walgreens to the rescue!! Not only did they have my color in stock, but it was on sale for $2.79. TWO SEVENTY NINE, PEOPLE! It's pretty thick, but it gives a nice even coverage. You definitely need to moisturize before using this, though. If your skin is dry, I wouldn't recommend it…you might look a little flakey!


Here is what I used for this look:

Eyes:
  • Inner corner of the lid  - Pink Diamond shadow from the Too Faced Return of Sexy Palette
  • Lid - Mac shadows in Saddle with Rule layered on top
  • Outer V - Hopeless Romantic & Primadonna shadows from the Too Faced Return of Sexy Palette
  • Brow Highlight - 7 Year Itch shadow from the Too Faced Return of Sexy Palette
  • Brows - Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Ash
  • Liner - Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper
  • Waterline - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Mainline
  • Lower Lashes - Tarte Waterproof Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara
  • Lashes - Hollywood Glam lashes from House of Lashes
Face:
  • Foundation - Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation in 103-True Ivory
  • Blush - Maybelline Master Hi-Light Blush in Light Bronze
  • Bronzer - Mac Bronzer in Refined Golden from the Temperature Rising Collection
  • Highlighter/Concealer - YSL Radiant Touch in Luminous Ivory
Lips:

  • Liner - Mac Lip Liner in Hip N Happy
  • Lipstick - Maybelline Color Vivid Lipstick in Pink Pop




These earrings are also a fave of mine, love the little pop of color they give! I found them at Charming Charlie. 
This night was a fun one! I went to a local bar to celebrate a friends birthday. Of course my bestie, Trisha, and I had to take an obligatory selfie in the bathroom! "Hurry up and take it before anyone comes in!" 








2 comments:

  1. I want to hire you to do my makeup. No real reason...just because I am amazed by your talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Kell!! Let me know if you ever have a special event, I'd be more than happy to do it!!

      Delete